- Students who interested to join this programme suppose to be with a confidence to finish this course with passion of yoga. This course is intensive and suit with the students who have strong eager to learn about principles of yoga and improve their self practices. This course will be physically and emotionally challenging with a life changing program
- Entry students have to prepare the training after registration finishes. We will be guiding you with the e-study materials, reading materials and asana preparation notes.
- During the course duration, students have to practice in our regular yoga classes minimum 2 days in a week other than the schedule which we listed in here (only applicable for the weekend courses which arranges in Shanghai). Also, we will be guiding you through your self practices in home other than training days or practicing days.
- Students are required to complete the assigned reading as well as a book report for each work to demonstrate understanding and reflection on a personal level. The submission of these book report can be submit in monthly basis.
- Our training will be making you ready to teach the following classes and students have to teach the following at the end of this training
- This program will be intense and demands commitment and discipline!
What to bring
- Bring your passport with valid visa entry in it (for foreigners) and bring your ID card (for Indians)
- Your own yoga mat which can easily draw the lines in it. Better will be with a eco-friendly yoga mats. Few pictures can be see in google search. Click here
- Books (Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar, Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga, any translated version of Raja Yoga Sutra and Bhagavat Gita - these books are available to buy in boutique for Indian Trainings).
- A true smiling self with a cultivated desire to grasp the knowledge without ego.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time. We are always greatful to assist you. Email: email@example.com
Minimum one year yoga practices & basic knowledges about yoga.
* The primary teachers of YTTC will be evaluating the practices of every enrolling students.
* Our training are intensive and you having a fundamental knowledge about Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Kriya will be helpful for you to understand the concepts faster than entering the training as blank. If you are new to yoga then please write to us, then we will guide you through prepare yourself for this course with our study materials and self practices!
220 hr course Format - 2014/2015
Fill & Submit Form
You can download the latest application form and print out the form from here and submit it to us by scanning it. A confirmation email will be sending to you after we accept your application. Your seat only will be confirm after receiving your non-refundable registration fee.
A non-refundable entry fee is taking while you submitting the form which will be added into your course fee while you enter into the course (*remaining part of your course fee have to be paid at the first day of your course entry)
What is Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is an organization which governing the quality of the trainings and teachers in U.S and globally. Graduates from our school are eligible to register in Yoga Alliance as registered yoga teacher (RYT) in American Yoga Alliance. Know more about YA in their website:www.yogaalliance.org
What is 220 hr programme?
220 hr programme is the foundation course to start teaching yoga. This course is arranged by the Drishti Vinyasa Yoga Shala to prepare the students whoever wish to begin their yoga teaching life. These courses are called as 220 hour program because this course are approved under Yoga Alliance in 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Courses.
What I will be studying in each of the courses?
To know more about the syllabus, please click the Syllabus link in Teacher Training. These courses specially for the students who have a basic foundation about Hatha Yoga classes and they want to improve their skills in Vinyasa style classes or they want to prepare themselves for begin teaching in Vinyasa Yoga classes
How long is this training? What is the difference of Weekend training and Week day trainings?
220 hrs trainings are 30-32 days training. Each day 8-9 hours. Weekly one day holiday
500 hr trainings don't have the week-end trainings presently.
What I can do if I have to stop the training in between? Can I join the future training to finish the training?
Our school is presently providing 3- 4 trainings in a year. Any medical reason or personal reason is the cause for your stoppage of training then our school gives chance for the student to join the next training to finish the course. But any other kind of expanses will be not taken by Drishti Vinyasa Yoga. In any case the student have to stop the course in half way, money return policy of Drishti Vinyasa Yoga Entry Form will be followed.
Will I receive a certificate after completion of course?
Yes, after completing the course successfully with full attendance and following the code-of-conduct we will issue the course completion certificate from Drishti Vinyasa Yoga Shala, Trivandrum, India which is approved by Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga School (RYS200).
Preparation & study
A good practitioner of a yoga is a good teacher of yoga too. Most important thing in yoga teaching is "sharing". Sharing the knowledge whatever we got to the students, so they can progress practice and live a healthy life. This training will give a strong foundation for the future teachers to improve their skills in yoga and will help to start teaching students with a small group. A strong foundation always necessary to get into this training and understand the whole picture of this course. We suggests the students to read minimum these articles, books and watch these videos before coming to this programme. It will give a basic understanding about the subjects which they are going to study in this course.
Light on Yoga
- BKS Iyengar
Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- BKS Iyengar
Prana Pranayama Prana Vidya
- Swami Niranjananda Saraswati
Meditation and Mantras
- Swami Vishnudevananda
The Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga
- Srivatsa Ramaswami
Scientific Keys Volume I - The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga
- Ray Long MD FRCSC
Ashtanga Yoga "The practice manual"
- David Swenson
After the registration finishes, we will be sending you the links of download in our website. From their you can download our course manuals, course reading materials, instructions, etc.
Join the course for begin download!
Shanghai Yoga Shala - Jiangsu Road
Room 20C, Zhongxi Mansion,
121 Jiangsu Road
Drishti Vinyasa Yoga Shala,
Hotline: (021) 60344676
(8 6) 13917866484
Shanghai Yoga Shala- Hongqiao
Room 1210, Tianshan Mansion
30 Tianshan Road,
Drishti Vinyasa Yoga Shala ,
Hotline: (8 6) 13917866484
Trivandrum Yoga Shala
Trivandrum District, Kerala State
Hotline: (9 1) 9847913870
(9 1) 8137880437